Laser Reduction Labioplasty of the Labia Minora with Reduction of excess Prepusce or excess skin along the side of the clitoris, is the second most common female genital plastic surgery procedure.
Labia minora contouring surgery is performed for women who do not like the protruding minora. Functional problems which can be caused from Labia minora enlargement include:
- Difficulties with sexual intercourse
- Discomfort and/or irritation with certain types of clothing
- Discomfort and pain with some physical activities, such as exercise and cycling.
Enlarged labia can result in aesthetic problems for the patients. Some of these include:
- “Not feeling feminine” because of the extra tissue in the genital area.
- Feeling of poor genital/body image.
- A physical protrusion in the genital area when wearing underwear, bathing suits and other types of clothing.
Typically performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.
If you are interested in learning more about Labia Minora Reduction, please contact our office and we will be happy to answer your questions.